This instructor-led training course introduces the PMI PMP® Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), project management terminology, and the related processes. It is perfect for anyone wanting to acquire or refresh basic Project Management knowledge.
Training Course Learning Objectives*
• Understand the benefits and necessary elements of effective Project Management
• Apply effective Project Management strategies
• Understand how Project Management supports strategic business objectives (SBO)
• Apply risk avoidance, mitigation, acceptance, and transference
• Understand the PMBOK processes
• Apply inputs, tools, techniques, and outputs of the PMBOK processes
*Complexity of ObjectivesThe Levels of Learning below indicate complexity level of learning objectives, ranked from least complex to most complex.
• Remember (Knowledge Level): Recall or recognize terms, definitions, facts, ideas, materials, sequences, methods, principles, etc.
• Understand (Comprehension Level): Read and understand descriptions, reports, tables, diagrams, directions, regulations, etc.
• Apply (Application Level): Know when and how to use procedures, methods, formulas, principles, theories, etc.
• Analyze (Analysis Level): Break down a complex scenario into its constituent parts and recognize their relationships.
• Evaluate (Evaluation Level): Make judgments about the value of proposed ideas, solutions, etc., by comparing specific criteria or standards.
• Create (Synthesis Level): Organize complex parts, sets or elements to reveal patterns to examine further or from which supported conclusions can be drawn.
Training Course Outline
I. PMP® PMBOK Introduction
II. Initiating Processes
III. Planning Processes
IV. Executing Processes
V. Monitoring and Controlling Processes
VI. Closing Processes
• Course Duration: 38 Hours
• CEU/RU: Qualifies for 3.8 ASQ Recertification Units (CMQ/OE, CQA, CQE, CCT, CSQE, CSSBB). Certificate issued for successful completion